Polyglass is an innovative polymer on glass micro prism technology which will simplify the production process of the micro prisms in a very small pattern, usually less than 1 mm in diameter, and with a sharp quality. The primary use of the mikro prism will be panels for concentrated solar power (CPV) , and the lighting industry as well as LED screen technology will get benefits out of the use of our micro prism in the future.
Advantages of using Polyglass:
- Quick and easy production of prismatic structures below 30 Micron radius
- Very precise pattern, with ≤ 2 Micron radius can be achieved
- Reduction in tooling costs
- Short production time
- Reduced production costs
- Increased replication value
- Assimilation opportunity to individual requirements (optical design)
- High transparency of ready-made product
- Possibility of high-precision light control
- Micro prisms can be made in both glass and PET plastic film
- Additional benefits can be achieved with micro prisms on the plastic film (less weight, unlimited length)
The primary developmental stages of Polyglass technology was completed in 2012 in collaboration with our external research partners: the Institute for Product Development (Denmark) , TWI (UK) , National Renewable Energy Centre CENER (Spain), Kaleido Technology (Denmark) , Plasdan Maquinas Para Plasticos Limitada (Portugal) and SunFlake (Denmark). The project is co-financed by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme.
Please contact us for more information or see the project website http://polyglass-fp7.eu/