Ultravisc is sensor-based ultrasound viscosity control for extrusion of recycled plastic. Ultravisc research project completed in September 2011 and the product developed in collaboration with a number of external partners: Cherry Pipes (UK), Polinter (Spain), Total Sigma Measurements (Ireland), UK Materials and UK Matri (UK), Sirri (Belgium) and Queens University Belfast (UK).
Advantages of using Ultravisc:
- Easy extrusion of recycled plastic
- Steady flow path of extremely variable polymer melt
- Steady, fully automated production process
- Cost savings of up to 225 Euro/t
- Reduced downtime
- Material savings
- Reduced amount of spilled material
- Energy saving
Ultravisc will be available in the form of license for plastics manufacturers that extrude or wishes to extrude with recycled plastic. Please contact us for more information.